Using lenses on Snapchat is a crazy thing to do nowadays. Lenses help you to add various special effects to your snaps. Goe example, there are lenses that let you change the faces of everyone in the picture into a puppy or even caterpillar faces. However, I believe that you must unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
If you want to do the same, then start reading this article right now. Here, I will teach you how to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat. Since there are various ways to do so, I will go through all of them one by one.
What Are Snapchat Lens?
As the name suggests, Snapchat lenses are a graphical add-on that adds various objects and transformations to your snap images. This includes adding elements to your snaps that are not there, like butterflies and more. On the other hand, it could completely transform your face into that of a cute puppy if you want.
However, it’s important to know that lenses are not the same as the Snapchat filters everyone uses. This is because filters change the entire look and feel of the image. On the other hand, lenses add additional graphical effects to the image. You might think they are the same, but they are not.
What Is The Snapchat Butterfly Lens?
Coming back to the main topic of discussion, how to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat in 2022?
The Snapchat butterfly lens has become one of the most popular lenses out there. This lens adds random butterflies to your snap,
How To Unlock The Butterflies Lens On Snapchat?
If you wish to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat, then there are a few different methods of doing so. I have explained them all below, so you can simply pick and choose any method that seems fit for you!
1. Using Snapchat Links
The first step that I will explain is unlocking the Snapchat butterfly lens using Snapchat links. To do so, you must:
- Start chatting with a friend of yours who you are sure has the Snapchat butterfly lens.
- Ask them politely to share the Snapchat butterfly lens with you by tapping on the Share option as they open their list of lenses available.
- As they will click on the share option for the lens, Snapchat will generate a link. Your buddy needs to copy and share the link.
- To use the lens, simply click on the link, and it will be automatically added to your list of lenses available. Pretty neat!
2. Using A Snapcode Image
To make sharing of lenses and other assets amongst users easier, Snapchat has added the feature of scanning Snap codes. To do so, simply:
- Search for the Snapchat butterfly lens snap code on the internet. You will find the required picture pretty easily or from down below.
- Open your Snapchat camera.
- Then, tap on the icon that says Lens.
- A barcode scanner will open up. Simply scan the lens code (preferably from another phone or from your computer screen).
- Finally, as you finish scanning the code, the butterfly Snapchat lens will be automatically added to your library. That’s it!
3. Search For Butterfly Lens
If you want a more manual, hands-on approach to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat, then do a manual search. To do so, you must:
- Open Snapchat on your phone.
- Proceed to the camera screen.
- Here, look for the Search icon (which appears as a magnifying glass) on the top left corner of the screen.
- In the list containing various lenses, filters, and more, type the words “Butterfly Lens ” from the search box.
- Interestingly, here you will find many different butterfly lenses. Choose the one that you want to use based on its preview.
- Click on the Save option to save the Butterfly lens.
4. Click On The Butterfly Snaps Of Others
You might have heard cheating is a bad thing to do. But that is only on examinations. In Snapchat, you can see what lens others use. To use the butterfly lens here, you need to:
- Find a snap (preferably a friend) that uses the butterfly lens.
- Open the snap.
- Slide down to find the option that says Try Lens.
- You will soon get a prompt on the screen. Again tap on the screen that says Lens.
That’s it! You have successfully learned how to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
Some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Snapchat lenses and Snapchat butterfly lenses are:
Ans- If you want to unlock lenses on Snapchat, you can:
• Find the lens that you want from the lens search option on the Snapchat camera.
• Copying and scanning the snap code of various lenses.
• Tap on the option “scan from the camera roll.”
Ans- All the lenses that you have saved on your Snapchat account will appear on the profile action of your account. Also, you can access all your lens after you click a snap and astray, editing and adding effects to it.
Ans- Sometimes, your liking for the butterfly lens might be too much. This might result in you accidentally adding it to your snap, which now looks horrendous. Therefore, if you are facing such a dilemma, then you need to:
• Click on the “i ” option on the top of your snap screen or long tap on your snap. This will open the more options section.
• Click on Edit.
• Find the option that says Remove lens and filter.
Ans-You can share Butterfly lens with friends by:
• Open your snap that has a butterfly lens.
• Click on the Share lens option.
• Share the link that gets generated to your friend.
Let There Be Butterflies!
Sometimes having more colorful butterflies around you as you pose in a grassy area (like your garden) can look amazing. It gives your snaps the extra oomph that it needs to stand out from the rest. Therefore, to unlock the butterflies lens on your Snapchat, there are four popular steps you can follow.
You can start by copying the lens that has been shared by your friends (and vice versa). Another method is to copy the Snap code of the lens by searching them from Google. Or, you can manually search for the butterfly lens on the lens and filter search section. Finally, you can click on the snaps of others and slide down to reveal what lens they use, which you can then save to your library.