India has a great year especially in the science and technology sector in 2023. Starting with the successful lunar mission, Chandrayaan-3 to achievement in incorporating AI with medical treatment all scientific achievements of India in 2023 are listed year. These achievements shows India’s capabilities and dedication towards expanding their scientific innovations and explorations.
- On August 2023, India was successful in its lunar mission, Chandrayaan-3 as it was successful in landing in the southern pole of the moon. Chandrayaan-3 was the Indian space agency, ISRO’s ambitious lunar mission which was a cost-effective mission with a budget of 75 million dollars. The success of this mission showed India’s capabilities in executing complex mission with a cost effective budget.
- The successful landing of Chandrayan-3 on the south pole of the moon by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) highlighted the meticulous planning of the Indian scientists. The lander on the Chandrayaan-3 achieved the orbits of 164 km x 18074 km as well as 288 km x 369328 km. This made India the first country to land in the south of the moon successfully.
- On September 2023, ISRO launched its solar mission, Aditya-L1 which will help Indian scientists learn more about our Sun. This advanced solar mission was successful in capturing the sun’s high-energy solar flares on its journey. Aditya-L1 is expected to reach the Sun’s Lagrange point on 6th January, 2024.
- Onboard the Aditya-L1 is a ‘HELIOS’ or High Energy L1 Orbiting X-ray Spectrometer that’s been developed by a team from ISRO’s Space Astronomy Group that has been offering reliable data during the initial observation phase.
- The Indian Institute of Science has been successful in developing an AI system that can detect early-stage lung cancer. Another AI platform by the Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur offers early prediction of diabetes-related complications that will help doctors personalize prevention care plans for patients.
- NASSCOM or The National Association of Software and Service Companies predicted growth in the AI Healthcare Market projecting 14.6 billion dollars in 2023 to 102.7 billion dollars by 2028. The AI Healthcare Market growth will benefit India by increasing its GDP.
- Artemis Accords was signed by India and the United States that solidifies the collaboration in space exploration between ISRO and NASA.
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory of India made potential advancements in developing solar cell technology using affordable perovskite materials that will enhance the solar energy production. There were also advancements in developing lithium-ion battery technologies that have longer life span and fast charging for electric vehicles.
All these achievements by India’s science and technology sectors has laid a strong foundation for future innovations in coming years. In 2024, more developments will be made in renewable energy technologies and healthcare predictions will get more accurate with AI technologies.