Did you stop getting snaps from a close friend of yours on Snapchat? Or are you unable to send snaps and get your snapstreak going with your best friend? If this happens, it’s possible that your friend has blocked you on Snapchat. So how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat?
All you need to do is read this post till the end. Here, I have explained how to check your block status. In addition, I have also explained how to block and unblock people on Snapchat as well.
How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Snapchat?
There are various ways to learn how do you know if someone blocked you on Snapchat. If you think that someone you know has blocked you on Snapchat, then there are three methods you can use. Using these methods, as I have explained below, will tell you if they actually have blocked you or not.
1. Check Your Chats With Them
The first step that you should take to understand how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat or not is to check the messages between the two of you.
All messages that are sent between you will always be recorded in the chats you have had with them so far. Therefore, simply check your messages. If you had chatted with that person before using snaps, then your chat history will show up in your inbox.
To do so, follow the steps explained below.
- Open Snapchat.
- Click on the Speech bubble at the bottom of the screen to open up all conversations.
Now, after opening up the conversations tab, search for any conversions you might have with the person who blocked you. If you see that person’s name appear on this list, click on it. Then, check if you can chat with that person and send messages, then it means you are not blocked. If that person’s name doesn’t appear in your conversations list or you can’t chat with them, it means that you have been blocked.
However, since it’s possible that you have not snapped with this user, no conversations will show up. If this is the case, then I have two more solutions for you down below.
2. Search Their Profile Page
The first step that you need to do to check if someone has blocked you on Snapchat or not is to search for their account. To do so, you need to follow the steps explained below.
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap on the magnifying glass symbol to bring up the search bar.
- Type in the username of the person or his or her full name.
- Hit the search icon beside it again.
Now, check the search results. If you see that person’s profile on the search results list, then click on it. If you are able to enter their profile and see it, it means that this person has not blocked you.
However, if you don’t see that person’s profile come up in the search results, or you cannot enter their profile, then there is a high chance (probably 100%) that this person has blocked you in Snapchat Premium.
However, there is one more step here to confirm whether you’re getting blocked is true or not. Now, you need to do this same thing using someone else’s phone. Here, you can use your friend’s phone and search from their Snapchat account. If you find their accounts appear in the search results (but not in yours), this proves that you got blocked.
However, if you still don’t find their profiles in their search results, it might mean that the person has temporarily (or permanently) deactivated their Snapchat account. Therefore, for best results, use the phone of someone who is not connected with the person who has blocked you.
3. Have A Look At Your Snapchat Contact List
On Snapchat, you can check your list of friends. By having a look at this list, you can check how many friends you can have on Snapchat. Therefore, you can check this list to see if the person who you think has blocked you appears here.
To see your Snapchat friends list, you need to follow the steps explained below.
- Open Snapchat.
- On the topmost left corner of the screen, you will see the Bitmoji icon. Click on it.
- Now, you must scroll and navigate to the bottom of the page.
- Here, click on the My Friends option to open up your Snapchat friends list.
If the name of the person who has blocked you appears over here, then you can click on it to go to their profile page. Doing so will mean that you are not blocked. However, if you don’t see their names and cannot open their profile page, it means that you have been blocked.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Snapchat users have asked many questions regarding how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat. Here are my answers to their questions.
Ans: If you wish to block someone on Snapchat, you can do so by following the steps below.
• Open Snapchat.
• Go to the profile of the user. You can do so by searching for their username, or you can go to your Recent Conversations list.
• Once you enter the chat window with them, click on the options icon all the way to the left and top of the screen.
• Here, find the Block option and click on it.
Ans: If you blocked someone by mistake on Snapchat and now you wish to unblock them, you can undo your action by following these steps.
• Open Snapchat.
• On the topmost left corner of the screen, you will see the Bitmoji icon. Click on it.
• Now, look for the gear icon on the topmost portion of the screen, towards the right, and click on it to open up Settings.
• Now navigate to the bottom and click on Account Actions.
• Here, find the option called Blocked and click on it.
• Now, a list of all blocked users will appear here. You can click on the X icon beside their usernames to unblock them.
• Finally, click on Yes to unblock selected users.
Ans: If you don’t wish to receive notifications from annoying users, then you can mute them. To do so, follow the steps explained below.
• Open Snapchat.
• Click on the Speech bubble at the bottom of the screen to open up all conversations.
• Now, open the Profile page of the person whom you wish to mute.
• Here, navigate to the option called Mute Story or Do Not Disturb and click on it.
• Finally, you can click on Do Not Disturb to not get their notifications. You can also click on Mute Story to not get their snaps too.
Blocked Or Not Blocked – That Is The Question!
So how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat? All you need to do is check whether you can send them snaps or not. If you can’t, it means you are blocked. In addition, you can search for their profiles using their usernames, along with checking if they appear on your friend list or not.
If you want a Snapchat Guide, tell me what you wish to learn in the comments below!