Suppose you wake up and check your phone for new WhatsApp messages one day. But accidentally, delete a conversation. No matter how rare an incident this might sound like, it has already happened with many people. So, there are plenty of reasons for choosing the chat conversation. However, losing the conversation can become a very serious issue.
Not only that chats, but you also lose all the pictures, documents, contacts, maps, and all the media files that are unsaved. Many people might lose important work files or personal files from the chat. Thankfully, there are ways to get back the WhatsApp deleted chats easily with all the files.
The question remains how to recover deleted WhatsApp chat. Well, we have elaborated on some best ways to recover your WhatsApp chat in this article. Make sure to go through all the steps to find out the whole process in detail.
Top Methods To Recover WhatsApp Deleted Chat
As mentioned above, there are many methods available that can help you to get back the deleted conversation easily. However, you will need to follow the steps very carefully of all the methods to get them back. These are the methods given below in detail.
1. Restore WhatsApp Deleted Chat On iPhone
There are plenty of iPhone users out there who face this issue but have a hard time getting back the chats. However, all the methods are not for Android devices, you can also recover WhatsApp deleted chat in iPhone with the help of iCloud. However, there are some things that you need to keep in mind to use this method.
- You need to have enough free space available on both iPhone and iCloud.
- Make sure that you are signed with the proper Apple ID, same with the iCloud.
- The iCloud drive needs to be turned on.
You need to have at least double the space available in iCloud than the actual size of the backup. Also, the phone number of the Whatsapp and backup needs to be the same to restore the chat. If all of these things are right, here are the steps of how to recover deleted WhatsApp chat given below.
- First, you have to verify if the iCloud backup is turned on for WhatsApp or not. You will need to visit WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to check it.
- If the iCloud backup is available, you will need to uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it.
- After installing the app, open it and enter the registered mobile number. You will get an OTP for verification, enter it and certify your phone number.
- You will get a pop-up to Restore WhatsApp chat backup. Click on the “Restore” option to begin.
- The app will now search the iCloud for backups and download the latest one into the iPhone device.
- After that, the restoration process will begin. Once the restoration process is complete, click on next. You will now get the lost chat available on your WhatsApp.
This is how to recover deleted WhatsApp chat on iPhone devices. Now, let’s take a look at the restoration process on Android devices.
2. Restore WhatsApp Deleted Chat On Android
If you are using an Android device and want to get back your deleted WhatsApp chat, then here is the method you can use. However, there are some things that you need to keep in mind before proceeding. First, you need to use the same Google account and phone number used for Google drive. Here are the steps that you need to take for this method given below in detail.
- Uninstall the WhatsApp application from your Android phone, install it again on the phone.
- Now, open the WhatsApp application and submit the registered mobile number. The app will send an OTP to verify the number is yours.
- After the number is verified, you will get the option to restore the messages from the chat backup.
- Just like iOS, the backup will be restored on the new WhatsApp.
- Once the restoration process is complete, you will be able to find all the deleted chats available with details.
You can follow these steps to easily restore the deleted chats of WhatsApp. Here is how to recover deleted WhatsApp chat manually given below in detail.
3. Manually Restore Deleted Messages Of WhatsApp
If you want to take the help of local backup for the restoration process, you will need to use a computer, SD card, and file explorer.
To start the process, download any file manager app. It will help you to access the SD and internal storage. You will need to visit the SD card or local storage and look for the folder WhatsApp. After entering it, you will get a subfolder available named “Databases.” If your data is not saved on an SD card, check the internal storage for the backup. After you find it, copy the most recent backup and transfer it to your new device.
Once you start the installation process, you will get the option to restore the chat after the verification process. Click on the restore button to get all the latest backups of the last seven days available on your mobile. If you turn on the automatic backup option in WhatsApp, it will store up the data of the last 7 days at 2.00 PM and save all the files. If the backup option is not turned on, you will not be able to get the file available on storage.
That is how to recover deleted WhatsApp chat manually. As the backup files are encrypted, make sure not to make any changes with them.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If the chat backup option is enabled, you will be able to restore the deleted conversation. However, If you want to find out if the option is enabled or not, visit the settings of this app and check the “Auto Backup” option.
The best way to recover deleted WhatsApp messages is with the help of backups. However, there are some other ways available as well, but you will need to take the help of third-party apps, and others. Some best ways to get back deleted WhatsApp messages are by using USB debugging, third-party tools, and others.
If you are here, it means you have accidentally deleted WhatsApp chat and want to get it back. In this article, you will get all the methods to do that in detailed steps. You can choose the best method how to recover deleted WhatsApp chats based on your website and other things. If this article has helped you, make sure to share it with others and help them get the process.