After you use your iPhone for some time, you will notice that your list of saved contacts keeps on expanding. After scrolling through it once, you notice that you don’t even need half of them. Now, if you are new to using iPhones, you should learn how to delete contacts on iPhone.
If that’s what you want to know, then you have clicked on the right link. Read this article till the end to learn different methods to do so.
How To Delete Contacts On iPhone?
There are various ways to learn how to delete contacts on iPhone. Here are the various methods you can apply:
1. Delete Contacts Individually
If you wish to delete just one contact or wish to delete contacts individually, then you can do so easily. This is the first choice that would pop up in the heads of iPhone users. However, deleting them individually only becomes helpful when you don’t have too many people on your contacts list.
You can use this method to get rid of forgotten people and the most annoying ones as well. Therefore, to learn how to delete read-only contacts on iPhone, here’s what you need to do:
- First, open the Contacts application on your device.
- Then, scroll through your list of all contacts and find the one you wish to delete, and click on it.
- After selecting the contact you wish to delete, click on the Edit option in the screen’s topmost right corner.
- When the set of Edit options appears, scroll down to its bottom and click on the Delete Contact option.
- Finally, click on Delete to confirm the process of deleting the number.
2. Delete Multiple Contacts Together Using iCloud
Many will think that the previous step of deleting contacts one by one is pretty slow and tedious. If this is what you believe then I have another method for you. In this method, you can delete multiple iPhone contacts at once.
To use this method, you need to have an Apple iCloud account that is synced in with your iPhone contacts. In addition, you need to have a working computer (preferably a Mac or a Macbook) with internet connectivity.
To delete your iPhone contacts, here are the steps that you must follow:
- Open your computer browser.
- Then, open iCloud.
- Here, log in with your Apple ID.
- Now, on the homepage of your iCloud account, you will get access to various iPhone apps. Here, select Contacts.
- After you open Contacts, your entire contact list will appear here. Now, by pressing down on the Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) key, select all the contacts you wish to delete.
- After you do so, click on the Settings option (located in the corner at the lower left side of the screen).
- Finally, click on Delete. You have to click on the confirmation prompt once again to complete this action.
3. Delete All Contacts iPhone Using iCloud
Even though accessing iCloud from your computer is the best way to do so, you can still do the same from your iPhone as well. However, unlike the previous option, you will not be able to delete multiple contacts by selecting them individually. Instead, using this method, you can delete all contacts in your iPhone at once.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- After you do so, navigate to the iCloud option (it will be highlighted by your Apple ID).
- Here, find the Contacts option and click on the toggle icon beside it.
- Here, you can click on the button here to toggle it on or off. If you toggle it off, you will be automatically greeted by a pop-up that says Delete from My iPhone. Click on it.
- Finally, you will be asked to confirm your action once again. Click on it again and delete all contacts on your iPhone.
How To Delete Contacts On iPhone Using Other Applications?
There are various other ways to delete contacts on your iPhone. This time, I will show you how to do so by using third-party applications. Don’t worry about using these applications – they are completely legit and 100% safe.
1. Delete Contacts On iPhone Using AnyTrans
Here, I will show you how to delete Contacts on iPhone using the AnyTrans application. To do so, you will need a computer. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Download the AnyTrans application on your computer and then open it.
- Now, connect your iPhone and computer together using a USB cable.
- Then open AnyTrans and click on the Device Manager option on the left panel.
- After that, click on More.
- Now, click on the Contacts option.
- Here, select all the contacts you wish to delete by holding down the Ctrl or Cmd buttons on Windows and Mac respectively.
- After you have chosen them all, click on the Delete option that automatically appears here. Click on it once again to confirm your actions.
2. Delete Contacts On iPhone Using Groups
Apart from AnyTrans, there is another application that you can use here, called Groups. The best thing about this application is that you do not need a computer to use this. You can use this from your iPhone only.
To do so, follow this step-by-step process:
- First, install the Groups application on your iPhone and open it.
- After you open it, it will ask for several permissions. Approve all permissions it wants access to, including Contacts. Click on OK when the prompt appears.
- Then, through this application, navigate to the All Contacts option and click on it.
- Here, click on the circle that appears beside the name of each contact. Tapping on it will make it turn red. This way, select all the contacts you wish to delete.
- Finally, tap on Delete from iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Regarding how do I delete contacts on iPhone, I have answered several queries asked by people on Google.
Ans: There is a very simple way to delete duplicate contacts on iPhone. You can do so by:
i. Navigate to the Contacts icon on your iPhone and open it.
ii. Now, scroll through your contact list and select the duplicate contacts from the list. You can hold the option to select multiple contacts at once.
iii. Once you have selected all the duplicate contacts, click on the Edit icon (top right corner of the screen).
vi. Now, click on Delete Contact. Do it once more when you confirm your action in the prompt.
Ans: If you mistakenly deleted a contact, then there are two ways to get them back.
• Recover them from your backups created on iCloud.
• Recover them using third-party iOS recovery tools.
Ans: To edit certain info of contact, you can do so by:
i. Open Contacts menu on your iPhone.
ii. Tap on the contact you wish to edit.
iii. Then click on the Edit option that appears in the top right corner of the screen.
If you read this post so far, you will have learned five different ways how to delete contacts on iPhone. All these ways are pretty easy to follow, as long as you go through the step-by-step process I have explained for each of them.
For more such guides, you can find them all here at Techmagnews!