Many situations can arise that prompt you to learn how to reset Apple Watch without Apple ID. You will ask this question when your Apple Watch starts working improperly. You will understand this when various functions of your watch start glitching out.
However, doing so the normal way requires you to remember the Apple ID that you used to start your watch. Unfortunately, not everyone remembers this Apple ID since it gets used only once and a few times later on.
Therefore, to factory reset your Apple Watch, you can do so by other methods. To learn more about them, start reading this article till the end.
Why Do You Want To Reset Your Apple Watch?
How to reset an Apple Watch without Apple ID? Many Apple Watch users ask this question a lot of times on various internet forums. However, most users search for the answer by searching it directly on Google.
People ask this question because some features and applications of your Apple watch often stop working.
These features will start crashing when you use them on your Apple Watch. The most common among these features is the option to use Maps on your watch.
When such features stop working correctly, the only workaround is to factory reset your Apple Watch.
However, doing so can be risky since it will delete all data that your applications have stirred so far. These include passwords to various accounts and even your Apple ID.
How To Reset Apple Watch Without Apple ID?
There are three distinct ways to learn how to reset Apple watch without Apple ID. They are:
1. Use Your iPhone To Reset Apple Watch Without Using Your Apple ID
More often than not, your Apple Watch is paired with one of your other Apple devices. While you can still pair it with a Macbook, most often, it’s paired with your iPhone.
Therefore, you can use this paired connection as a method to overwrite some of your Apple watch settings and learn how to factory reset Apple Watch without Apple ID.
But first, you must ensure that your Apple Watch is paired with your iPhone.
To do so, you must follow these steps:
- Download and install the Apple Watch app from the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
- Pair both the devices by going to the Pair option in both your applications and the watch. When kept close, they will detect each other.
- Click on Pair on both the devices to pair them.
After you are done pairing them, you can start to follow these steps that explain how to factory reset Apple watch without Apple ID. To do so, you must:
Keep your Apple Watch and your paired iPhone close to each other. You can keep both of them on the table. You can keep both of them in your hands and hold them close to each other for the best results.
- Open the Apple Watch application on your iPhone.
- Click on the option that says My Watch.
- Open the General options.
- Click on the Reset Apple Watch option.
- Next, click on the option that says Erase Apple Watch Contents and the Settings option.
The factory reset of your Apple Watch will start now. Wait for a few minutes before the reset process gets completed. Once the reset is completed, you can start using your Apple Watch as if it is brand new.
2. Use Your Apple Watch Password To Reset Your Apple Watch Without Using Apple ID
If you want to learn how to reset Apple watch without Apple ID, you can do so by using your Apple Watch password. This is a separate password that you can use to access the various settings of your Apple Watch. Most people use this when they forget their Apple ID.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu on your Apple Watch.
- Click on the General settings option.
- Next, go to the Reset option.
- Click on the Erase All Contents and Settings option.
- When the reset process starts, you will be prompted to enter your Apple passcode. Enter it when asked.
- An Erase All prompt will then pop up.
- Click on OK to continue the factory reset process.
The factory reset of your Apple Watch starts. Wait a few minutes before the reset process gets over. Once the factory reset is done, try using your Apple Watch. It feels brand new.
3. Reset Your Apple Watch Manually Without Using Your Apple ID
If you have forgotten your Apple Watch passcode and do not have access to your paired iPhone, then fret not. Another secret way to learn how to reset Apple Watch without Apple ID.
To do so manually, learn how to reset Apple Watch without Apple ID password by pressing a few buttons. You can do this by:
- Start charging your Apple Watch and keep it plugged into your Apple charger.
- If you press and hold down the power button on the sides, you will have a new set of options in your Apple watch instead of turning it off.
- From all the options that you will see on the screen of your Apple Watch, choose the one that says Power Off.
- Tap and keep that button pressed to unlock a new option that says Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap on that option to start your Apple Watch factory reset process.
Wait a few minutes before the reset process is done. Once the factory reset process gets over, try using your Apple Watch. It will feel as if you bought it recently.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
To remove the previous owner’s Apple ID from Apple Watch, you must:
• Pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
• Sign in with your personal Apple ID.
• Open the Settings menu.
• Go To My Devices.
• Click on Apple Watch.
• Click on the X button near the previous user’s name to remove that Apple ID.
Yes, you can factory reset a locked Apple Watch. To do so, you must manually start the factory reset process. Long press the power button to start doing so.
If you sell your Apple watch to a new user, you should do so after the factory resetting the watch and removing all data. You can do this by going to the factory reset option in your Apple Watch or through a paired iPhone or Macbook.
To pair your Apple Watch with a different Apple ID, you can do so using your iPhone. First, log in to your iPhone using a different Apple ID. Then, pair it with your Apple Watch.
If your Apple Watch is not working correctly, you must learn how to reset Apple Watch without Apple ID. You can follow three different methods.
The first one involves using your paired iPhone to reset the watch. If this does not work, you can try out another method by using your Apple Watch password. The final step involves using the power button of your Apple watch to factory reset the Apple Watch.
If you want to read more tech-related articles, drop a comment down below and subscribe to TechMagNews!